In this section we explore the biology of the human brain – what it looks and feels like, how it compares to other animals’ brains, what the brain is made up of, what the different parts of the brain do and how we’ve come to know so much about the brain.
- Why do we need a brain? [All Ages]
- The Nervous System [All Ages]
- Neurons [Key Stages 3 & 4]
- How do neurons communicate with eachother? [Key Stages 3 & 4]
- How fast do neurons communicate? [Key Stages 2-4]
- How do neurons connect to form thoughts? [Key Stages 3 & 4]
- How do neural networks develop? [Key Stages 2-4]